The Breeders’ Cup Distaff has one of the richest histories of all of the Breeders’ Cup events and has showcased some of the greatest fillies and mares of all time. Held on Breeders’ Cup Friday as the featured race, the Distaff is run at a mile and an eighth and boasts a purse of $2 million. Last year, Stopchargingmaria pulled off a minor upset at odds of 7-1 and won by a neck to pay $16.20.
Check back later for the Breeders’ Cup Distaff race results.
Betting for Breeders’ Cup Distaff
You can place a wager through one of these recommended racebooks and get in on all of the exciting action for Breeders’ Cup Distaff Betting even if you cannot make it to Santa Anita!
How To Win Breeders’ Cup Distaff Bets
The Breeders’ Cup Distaff the featured race on the Breeders’ Cup Friday on November 4th from Santa Anita. Post time is 4:35 p.m. PDT.
Probable starters with odds
- Songbird (2-1) – She is undefeated and untested from 11 starts. There is no question she is one of the most brilliant and exciting three-year-old fillies in recent memory. She has also been training freakishly well since her last race.
- Beholder (3-1) – Two time Breeders’ Cup champion has had a string of tough defeats but to underestimate her would be foolish. She loves Santa Anita and will try to end her remarkable career on a high note.
- Stellar Wind (3-1) – Runner up in the Distaff last year and it felt almost like Beholder passed the torch to her in their last race. She is very, very good right now.
- Curalina (6-1) – Third in the Distaff last year, she is as consistent a racehorse as you will find. She is coming in fresh and always fires well off of the bench.
- I’m a Chatterbox (8-1) – An impressive win at Keeneland last time out but a big difference between those fillies and the top group that will contest the Distaff.
- Forever Unbridled (10-1) – This mare has quietly shown up every time and put together a very solid season with two Grade 1s. Her running style doesn’t fit well at Santa Anita but she could be a threat in the exotics.
- Corona Del Inca (ARG) (30-1) – She has been training steadily at Santa Anita and South American stars have been successful in this race historically. However, she faces one of the best Distaff fields ever assembled.
All entries are unofficial. Final entries and Post Position draw for the BC Distaff will take place on Monday, Oct. 31.